Wednesday 30 November 2011

Scarf Ace

Ages ago, I stumbled on a blog called Scarf Ace and I always remember the name because it is so much like Scarface.  So I'm borrowing the name for today's blog post title.

I'm a scarf addict and am always on the lookout for scarves or scarf makings.  I found a perfectly sized dark brown velvety piece of fabric at my favourite notions store for 59 cents.  I just need to find something for the other side:

Scarf Refashion Material


Hmm, will have to learn to take better pictures - it is not showing up very well.  It could probably be used as is if I just trimmed the edges a bit to make them straighter - it doesn't seem like an-easy-to-fray fabric, but I like the idea of having a reversible scarf.

Unfortunately, the project will have to wait until the weekend though as the first round of lay-offs are starting tomorrow.  I think it'll be about 130 people.  Not good.

Let's end with a pic of my scarf collection:

Scarf Collection

See that 2nd one?  the black, white and yellow one?  That was made from a long piece of fabric which I originally intended for a blouse.  I even bought a pattern, but chickened out at the last minute and made it into a scarf.  Best. Decision. Ever.  Lots of people have complimented me on it, so it is one of my "proudly made by me" items.

0 thoughts, what do you think?:

Post a Comment